New ‘Campaigns Hub’ for volunteers – feedback wanted!
New ‘Campaigns Hub’
The ‘Campaigns Hub’ is a new suite of pages in the Volunteers’ Area of the website.
You can visit the Campaigns Hub.
The Hub links to the following pages, which all contain valuable campaigning resources for volunteers:
Hub page (with link) Summary of resources
Pulling Together resources
• Key messages for the campaign
• Information on pub reopening
• How to update pub, club, brewery and cider initiatives
• Tips for promoting the campaign online
• Digital assets
• Template content for magazines and websites
• Resources for pubs
• Examples of branch campaigning
• Useful press releases and statistics
• Rent campaigning – letter to send to a pub company on behalf of a local tenant
• Planning – writing to local councils about the threat of predatory planning applications from developers postCOVID
• Community ownership – template letter in support of a community ownership bid in your area
• More as you tell us what you want – please tell us what you would like to see here!
• Loneliness Toolkit
• Cider and Mild Month social media assets
• Save Our Pubs – generic digital assets
• Specific campaign assets as and when relevant (recent examples include the ‘Save Pubs, Cancel Rent’ e-lobby and the ‘Pledge for Pubs’ General Election campaign assets).
Branch campaigning case studies
• Case studies from across the UK
• More as we see examples from branches – please let us know what you are doing so that we can expand this section!
Public Affairs Information Pack
• Aimed at primarily at Public Affairs Officers but useful information for many volunteers
• Comprehensive guidance on engaging with elected representatives and government at all levels across the UK
• Case studies of great branch engagement with elected representatives
• Working with the Campaigns Team on public affairs activities
Campaigning Resources on the public part of the website
• Asset of Community Value resources
• Community Ownership resources
• Saving Your Local Pub guides
• Local Plans resources
• Resources for Councils
• Research Reports
• Policy Submissions to Government
• Pubs Code resources
• COVID-19 resources for pubs
We are keen to keep developing these pages – we want this to be the go-to place for volunteers to find campaigning resources, and would like to know what other tools and resources you would find useful to help you campaign on national issues in your local area. Please send any feedback on the pages and ideas for further content to ku.gro.armac@sngiapmac
On Monday 15 June we hosted a Campaigns Webinar with Ben Wilkinson, Chairman of Pub and Club Campaigns Committee.
The webinar covered the following topics:
• The Pulling Together campaign (in lockdown and through reopening)
• Rent campaigning
• Specific campaigns in Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland
• Where to find resources to help you
• Great examples of branch campaigns
You can view the slide deck from the Webinar HERE.
As mentioned above, you can find all of the Pulling Together resources for branches Pulling Together Website.
Thanks, Ellie, Paul and Cam - The Campaigns Team - ku.gro.armac@sngiapmac